DIY Clothespin Airplane
I was inspired by several pins on Pinterest that I found, and played a little with clothespins and wooden ice-cream sticks to make these Clothespin Airplane party favors. They came out pretty cute,
-Mini popsicle sticks for the tail wing and rudder (you will cut both ends off some of your mini popsicle sticks, for a tail rudder for each plane)
-Medium/small ice cream sticks or medium sized popsicle sticks (I used the ice cream sticks) for the wings
-Hot glue gun and glue sticks
-Spray paint and/or craft paint
Drop a dab of hot glue on the top of a clothes pin.
2. Place an ice-cream stick on top of the glue to create a top wing; press together firmly.
3. Place another dab of glue on the bottom side of the clothespin under and parallel to the first.
4. Place a dab of glue on the tail and glue a mini popsicle stick for the tail.
5. Cut the ends of some of the popsicle sticks for tail rudders. Steve cut these for me with a hacksaw. He put 5 together at a time, and put them in a vice and sawed them off (another alternative: use pliers to hold them and then saw them one at a time).
6. Put a dab of hot glue on the bottom of the tail rudder piece.
7. Glue to the tail.
8. Create a protected environment to spray paint….
9. Place a stick in the mouth of the clothespin to give yourself a handle while spray painting.
10. Spray paint both sides of the plane (you could also paint with acrylic craft paint and a brush).
Decorate with an alternate paint color if you desire; Steve did all the painting for me; I think he had a great time doing it; there is a kid in all of us don't you think. He also loved thinking about each of his Grandkids while he painted them.
Glue a magnet to the bottom.
These can be used to make party favors as is, or added to a Magnetic Greeting Card, for a cute decoration on the card. Have a fun...